We are all settled in to our hospital room tonight and Izzy is sound asleep. The central line placement went fine today. There are now 2 cords running down from her breast bone to just below her pelvis. They can draw labs at the same time she is receiving IV meds if they need to. This line will stay in the duration of her treatment and will require daily care to prevent infection. No swimming or baths for the next 15 months.
We also got back the bone marrow results from last weeks. The findings did show some indication of neuroblastoma in the marrow but it was a minuscule percent. Again just more info to further confirm a Stage 4.
They were unable to start chemo today because ome other delays. Infactd there are so many children here receiving hem/onc treatment right now that we are on an overflow floor with 14 additional oncology patients. Starting tomorrow means additional delays because she has to receive an injection 24 to 48 hours following chemo to boost her white blood cell production. This means we’ll probably be here til Monday.
Most of this day was horribly overwhelming. But there was a small piece of encouragement. The doctors seem to think Izzy is unique in that as advanced as her disease is, she isn’t sick. I’ll take that as the Lord’s hand upon her! And I’ll boldly ask for more of it.